ATA Carnet Information
As you may already be aware, an ATA Carnet (import/export document) is now a mandatory requirement for bikes and rider equipment being transported by Race Shift to your chosen European event
The good news is we will sort out those documents on your behalf, however, there will be an associated cost, From £30 per event/rider which is to be paid to Race Shift when signing on at the circuit
ATA Carnet forms must be very accurate… which means when you fill out your “ATA Carnet Application form”, you must list every item loaded in your stillage and provide their “Description / Quantity / Weight / Value / Country of Origin”.
We require all Race Shift customers to fill out and submit their “ATA Carnet Application” per event / rider before the GIVEN DEADLINE for each and every event!
Please Follow the Simple Steps Below To Complete and Submit Your “ATA Carnet File” Information
- Complete all fields on the carnet application page with your details, please use the same order number, name and contact details used for your event booking.
- As we have found out, keep £ values low! A used set of leathers is worth about £100, Same with Lids, boots etc. Tool kits can be itemised as tools various with a maximum value of £150.Remember, this is a customs and excise requirement NOT an insurance evaluation so the higher the total cost of your individual carnet listings, the higher the insurance premium will be for the total consignment resulting in higher carnet fees for everyone!!
- The Final Carnet Fee calculated per rider once all Carnet Forms have been submitted is strictly on a cost basis only and is non profit making
- Most important is your BIKE VIN or FRAME NUMBER – Please enter this in the item description field when adding your bike details, if you do not have this then a frame or engine number will suffice
- All high value electrical items such as laptops, cameras etc need to be listed with MAKE, MODEL & SERIAL NUMBER
- DO NOT list any consumable items such as oils, grease, sprays, lubricants, coolant etc, cable ties
- Be careful with your QTY listings i.e A 250 Piece Socket Set is – 1 Item (not 250! )
- Country of Origin – This is the items ORIGINAL COUNTRY of MANUFACTURE, not the country it was supplied from or purchased from
If you have any questions regarding ATA Carnet requirements, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 03338 804924 or 07494 985469
Download an example of our Carnet application to see what sort of details you should include when filling out the form.